Thank you all for the support of the Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail. We are glad to announce that Landing operations are live now.
The build opens access to Landing operations. You can play 2 battles where you have to use fleet and troops at the same moment. Your fleet must organize, protect and support landing parties.
Naval battle improves and fixes:
1. We made a rebalance of modules. Now rudder, mast or even powder magazine can be damaged more often.
2. Added new mechanic of crits. When your ship makes large damage there is a chance that target will get a critical hit increasing the final amount of damage.
3. Ranking fire re-balance.
4. Fixed issues when an enemy was in the sector but your ship ignored the enemy.
5. Added button for aiming mode. Also aiming mode screen now contain target information and help.
6. Added tooltips for officers and guns in the ship info panel.
7. Changed protocol for Admiral Edition server, it decreases the chance that your Admiral Edition window will be blocked by a firewall.
8. Multiple changes and fixes in Naval AI logic. AI will start to capture surrendered ships.
9. Boarding indication improves. You will get more details when boarding can not start.
Land battle improves and fixes:
1. Huge rework in the animation system. It must fix different lags and errors. There are still issues but we work to fix everything.
2. Fixes in Land AI.
3. LOS functionality is introduced. You have to press “L” button to see “LOS” for selected unit/units or just for a point on a map. LOS mode will show a heightmap and area of visibility.
4. If you want to group a few units, just select them and assign a group with Shift + number, for example, Shift+1.